About the Award
FTGS annually awards a book prize in the International Relations sub-field of Feminist Theory and Gender Studies. The award recognizes a book published in the preceding two calendar years that excels in originality, impact, and rigor towards furthering feminist theory and gender studies within the discipline of international relations.
Recipients must meet the Following Criteria
- Recipients must be a current member of ISA
- Recipient must be members of the FTGS section.
- Books must have been published in the two preceding calendar years (i.e. the book must have an official publication date of 2018 or 2019 for nomination this year). Books that were previously nominated are not eligible for nomination in the following year.
- Nominators/ nominees are responsible for making sure the publisher provides copies of the nominated book for the committee by July 20, 2019.
- In the future, books that were previously nominated are not eligible for nomination in the following year.
- The winner, and finalists will be announced in December.
- It will be awarded at the ISA conference the following spring.
Apply for the FTGS Book Prize
Please send your nominations, with details of the publication and a 300-500 word justification, to the chair of the committee, Denise Horn no later than July 10, 2019. Upon receipt of the nomination materials, you will receive further instruction on sending the books to this year’s committee: Denise Horn (chair), Catherine Goetze, Maria Tanyag, Itziar Mujika Chao, and Sophie Schor.