Please click to expand any heading below for more information.
- Recipients must be a current member of ISA.
- Nominees should have a substantial record of publishing in the field and service to ISA.
- Award recipients must be able to attend the 2022 ISA Annual Convention, where the awardee will be honored in a panel and at a reception.
- Award will be presented at the ENMISA Business Meeting at the ISA Annual Convention.
- A Call for Nominations is announced.
- ENMISA members nominate senior scholars who have had an impact in Ethnicity and/or Nationalism and/or Migration studies, and preferably, scholars who have a history of ISA attendance.
- The Distinguished Scholar Committee, selected every year at the ENMISA business meeting, then reviews the nominations and decides who the Distinguished Scholar will be.
- In the annual convention, the colleagues of the distinguished scholar gather at a roundtable in honor of the scholar, and discuss the significance of her/his work.
- The award itself is extended either during the business meeting, the roundtable or the reception.
- Nominations need to be accompanied by a supporting letter, written by a scholar other than the nominee and the nominee's curriculum vitae.
- All materials must be sent by email to the committee members.
- The deadline for nominations is July 1,2021.
- If you are nominating a scholar, please make sure to have the nominee's consent first.