Kristy A. Belton posted on December 22, 2020 11:28
Please join ISA's Interdisciplinary Studies Section on February 17th, 2021 as it hosts a webinar on “Covid-19 as global social actor: Social transformation in the wake of the Pandemic.” The Covid-19 virus is becoming a major social actor, precipitation transformations in social practices and institutions both within states and globally. We are hearing about the economic impact of the pandemic, but less about the social transformations that it affects. Presenters will address particular social effects drawing implications for more widespread global effects. Issues addressed (among others): technology innovation in India, public health infrastructure in Greece, science in Brazil, and the politics of social support systems in Russia. Speakers would speak for approximately 10-12 minutes followed by open discussion.
The webinar takes place from 1:00-2:30 EST / 6:00-7:30 GMT. Presenters include:
- Stephen Rosow, Professor, State University of New York at Oswego, USA
- Åshild Kolås, Research Professor, PRIO, Norway
- Nikolaos Zahariadis, Professor, Rhodes College, USA
- Ana Flavia Barros, Professor, University of Brasilia, Brazil
- Andrei Korobkov, Professor, Middle Tennessee State University, USA
To register for the webinar, please click here: https://isanet-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwof-CgrjIjGdBZmU83tUNDMavaIpRozSUB.