After careful review of the nominees and deliberations, the ISA Nominating Committee agreed on the following slate of candidates for ISA officers:
- President: Deborah Avant, University of Denver
- Vice President: Juliet Kaarbo, University of Edinburgh
- Vice President: Robert Shilliam, Johns Hopkins University
- Vice-President: Arlene B. Tickner, Universidad del Rosario
We are also forwarding the following six names for the three At-Large positions:
- Klaus Brummer, Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
- Nizar Messari, Al Akhawayn University
- Zlatko Šabič, University of Ljubljana
- Jason C. Sharman, University of Cambridge
- Gerasimos Tsourapas, University of Birmingham
- Hamid Akin Ünver, Kadir Has University
All nominees have been contacted and agreed to serve if elected.
The committee followed procedures very similar to those of previous years. We met via Zoom shortly after the cancelled 2020 ISA annual meeting and organized our work and procedures. We considered ways to improve the volume of submissions received. Over email, we prepared the call for nominations. ISA headquarters sent the call for nominations to section and caucus chairs, and to the full membership through the newsletter and other social media. Given the unique circumstances of 2020, we set a deadline for nominations that was slightly later than typical. We asked for nominations that included a letter in support of each candidate, a CV, and a statement willingness to serve to be received by July 1, 2020. We extended the deadline for At Large nominations to July 15. Our outreach efforts were successful, as we received roughly twice as many nominations for Vice President and At Large Members as the previous year. We made decisions via email in July 2020.
We had eight nominations for President, nine for Vice President, and six for At Large Representative. The committee was pleased to have strong candidates for each position to include the final slate of candidates. If elected, they will serve ISA well in their capacities as officers and representatives of the association.