ISA pilot fund for the 2019 Toronto Convention allowing for partial reimbursement of ISA members who were left out of pocket when a travel visa was denied/not received. To be eligible for partial reimbursement, individuals need to meet at least the following requirements:
- Must be a graduate student or a scholar without a full-time continuing appointment.
- Must be an ISA member of good standing.
- Must have had a presentation accepted onto the program of the applicable convention
- Must be able to demonstrate denial or non-receipt of travel visa and that the visa application was lodged in accordance with guidance provided by the relevant government of the host country.
- Must provide receipts for visa and travel/accommodation costs and prove that these expenses are
- non-refundable (e.g. by copy of Terms & Conditions from airline/travel agent)
- self-funded (e.g. by letter from Chair of Department or similar).
- This fund will be a pilot program and set at a maximum of $15,000 for the 2019 annual convention cycle
- Anticipated refunds are expected to be a maximum of $500 with most in the $300 range this will allow for between 30 and 50 refund awards
- Submission deadline is 4/15/2019. Letter of request and documentation (e.g. proof of visa application and cost; visa denial or pending request; receipts for travel, etc.) must be sent as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final decisions regarding requests for reimbursement are made by the executive office of ISA, acting under guidelines approved by the Governing Council of the Association