ENMISA Distinguished Book Award
DEADLINE: August 14, 2017
The Ethnicity, Nationalism and Migration Section (ENMISA) Distinguished Book Award Selection Committee invites nominations and submissions for the section's Distinguished Book Award competition.
The ENMISA Book Award, sponsored by the ENMISA Section, recognizes the best book published after January 1, 2016 in the study of the international politics of ethnicity, nationalism or migration. Submissions will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the argument to key areas of ethnicity, nationalism and/or migration;
- Originality of the argument;
- Quality of the research;
- Ability to draw on the insights of multiple disciplines;
- Innovative methods or methodological syntheses;
- Readability of the text;
- Policy or practical implications of the scholarship.
Recipients must meet the following criteria
- At the time of nomination at least one author must be a current member of ISA.
- To be eligible for the 2018 award, books must have been published in 2016 or 2017.
- Recipients are expected to attend the award ceremony at the 2018 ISA Annual Convention in San Francisco, CA (April 4-7, 2018).
- Questions may be directed to Alexandria Innes at firstname.lastname@example.org
The recipient will receive a plaque at the awards presentations at the annual ISA Annual Convention.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION FOR THE ENMISA DISTINGUISHED BOOK AWARD
The deadline for nominations is August 14th, 2017.
- To nominate a book for the award, the publisher or the author must send a copy of the book to each committee member, with the line ‘ENMISA Distinguished Book Award” under the name of the committee member in the address.
- All nominations must be accompanied by a short cover letter (1-page at most) that indicates why the book is nominated for the award.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- Books must be received by the August 14th, 2017 deadline.
ENMISA Distinguished Book Award Committee:
Martin O Heisler
Department of Government & Politics
University of Maryland
10 Morningview Circle
Lake Oswego, OR 97035 USA
Alexandria J Innes
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park
Center for Global Affairs
New York University
15 Barclay Street, Office 449
New York, 10007