This clip, and others like it, come out of an exciting collaboration with local University of Connecticut students. We're working with a student team to document the participant experience at ISA 2017 in Baltimore. Stop by and say hello, see what we're up to, and maybe even take a turn in front of the camera.
Students will be clad in black and khaki (and carry staff badges), as they film and work to craft additional resources for the ISA website and the Professional Resource Center. It's a great opportunity to share your thoughts about the Convention and the Association with the ISA community. We'll have an Interview Spot set up at the Convention at the Hilton, next to the registration desk.
Located on the second floor of the Hilton (next to the registration desk and Exhibit Hall), students will be on hand for filming. Join the UConn DMD student team as they document the #ISA2017 experience!
- Wednesday, February 22: 10:30am – 2:00pm & 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday, February 23: 10:00am – 12:00pm & 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Friday, February 24: 12:00pm – 3:00pm & 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Tips for Being Camera-Ready
Here are a few hints from the pros on how to have a great interview even if you've never set foot in front of a camera:
- Integrate the Question - repeat the interview question to
better help frame the response (and make for great clips!)
- Don't Rush - speak slowly and clearly, giving yourself time
to think about your comments
- Enthusiasm Translates! - talk with expression and
animation (not monotone)
- Um? - avoid vocalized pauses such as "um" and "eh"
- Look at Me - don't look at the camera but instead focus on
- Plant your Feet - too much motion can be distracting, so
plant your feet and smile!
To learn more about the team and projects, check out Behind the Scenes.
Safe travels to Baltimore, and we'll see you at our 58th Annual Convention!