Complete proposals must include:
- The Application Coversheet.
- The five-page core proposal:
Your Budget (make sure to include a detailed itemized justification for budget items). Also include here a statement of the amount of support requested and/or committed from any other sources (if any).
Complete references in proper standard citation form.
Statements of Commitment/CV’s:
- The theme, purpose and objectives of the workshop;
- The need for and intellectual significance of the meeting and how and in what ways the project is new, innovative and/or path-breaking and will expand knowledge and understanding in one or more fields;
- How it relates to previous research and theoretical developments, including a list of any recent meetings or publications on the same topic;
- The format of the workshop, including a statement of how the meeting will be organized and conducted as well as how other ISA members (especially junior scholars, scholars from various disciplines and nationalities and underrepresented minorities) who are interested in the topic may be included on a space-available basis; and
- How the results of the meeting will be disseminated in order to benefit the larger ISA community and contribute to the enhancement and improvement of knowledge in the field.
- Complete CV(s) of the proposer(s)
- Statement on letterhead or in the form of personal emails from each proposed collaborating individual or organization confirming a commitment to participate in the form proposed. Participants must also confirm that they will register (and pay for their own registration fees) for the annual meeting by the conference preregistration deadline (if the workshop will be held during the ISA Annual Convention).
- Statements are also required for alternate participants. (Pending grant manager approval, organizers may substitute participants to the workshop after the grant is submitted. Proposers are to identify at least two alternate participants to take the place of participants that withdraw from the workshop at a later date. ISA Headquarters must be notified of this change at least ten weeks prior to the day of the workshop).
- Biographical sketches (limited to two pages) for each participant (and alternate participant), including current affiliation, contact information, educational background, professional positions and appointments, relevant publications with complete citations and a list of examples that demonstrate the broader impact of the individual's professional and scholarly activities that focus on the creation, integration and transfer of knowledge.
Be sure to refer to the Research and Workshop Grants Proposal page to ensure that all requirements have been met prior to final submission.